Walker targets Planned Parenthood cancer screenings.
First he gutted worker’s rights, then slashed state education funding and dumbed-down sex ed. Next on Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s hit list? Breast and cervical cancer screenings for women. Come January 1, Wisconsinites who rely on Planned Parenthood to access free cancer screenings may be out of luck.
The Wisconsin Well Woman Program is an 17-year-old state service created to ensure that women ages 45 to 64 who lack health insurance can access preventive health screenings. It is administered by the Department of Health Services and provides referrals and screenings for breast cancer, cervical cancer, and multiple sclerosis at no cost. The state currently uses a number of contractors to coordinate and provide those services, including Planned Parenthood. But now, in a move that could leave many women in the state without access to the program, the Walker government is ending Planned Parenthood’s contract.
“In four Wisconsin counties, Planned Parenthood is the only health care provider currently contracted as a coordinator for the cancer screenings,” the report goes on. “Coordinators evaluate women for eligibility, enroll them in the program, and then connect them to health care providers that can perform the exams.”
Remember, anything that helps you is socialism — provided you aren’t rich. Big money government giveaways to rich people are called “capitalism.”
Source: Mother Jones
23 Notes/ Hide
- thelasttimehesawdorie reblogged this from quickhits
- hiccupingduck reblogged this from junicate and added:
- junicate reblogged this from catticus-finch and added:
- catticus-finch reblogged this from assistanttotheroyalvizier and added:
- assistanttotheroyalvizier reblogged this from quickhits and added:
- wisconsinforward likes this
- randomactsofchaos reblogged this from quickhits
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- quickhits posted this