Stories to Watch: 4/25/13.
Barbara Bush has a terrible habit of saying the exact wrong thing. You’d think the family would know when to chase her away from microphones.
Also not helping; rightwing radio shriekers, according to GOP messaging guru Frank Luntz.
Fox News’ Megyn Kelly “reveals” that a judge “may have prematurely stopped” the investigation into confessed bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. As bullshit goes, this is the obvious kind. First, what part of “he confessed” is such an impenetrable mystery here? Likewise, we know his brother was his partner in crime and that the two acted alone. What was left to investigate? What is it, exactly, that we don’t know?
Needless to say, the rightwing blogosphere is going absolutely crazy with Kelly’s story, because they seem to have a sort of mad glee for buying ridiculous bullshit. Unfortunately, Republican House Intelligence Committee Chair Mike Rogers seems ready to waste everyone’s time with this crap too.
Defense Secretary Hagel says the intelligence community believes Syria used chemical weapons against rebels. The evidence seems to come from Syrian blood samples which show positive for traces of the nerve agent sarin. This is all very bad news, because it could make war likely. Seriously.
Mark Sanford’s campaign is in a tailspin and his panic is not helping. Now he’s published the phone numbers of people who have called him in response to a Democratic ad. Not sure how this is helping him overcome his stalker trouble, since it shows a complete lack of respect for voters’ privacy.
John McCain says that immigration reform is dead on arrival unless it includes a path to citizenship. Greg Sargent explains how this screws House Republicans.
The Koch brothers get incoherent on the sequester cuts and federal spending.
Albert Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity stands up to its toughest test yet, as light from a white dwarf was shown to be bent by the force of gravity. However, it’s still just an unproven theory — like evolution or global warming — so it would be silly to assume that things like nuclear reactors actually work. Because, as any rightwing super-scientist will tell you, “theory” is just a synonym for “wild guess that is wrong.”
Newest twist in the GOP Civil War: rightwing nutjobs are accusing rightwing nutjobs of having ties to the Boston bombings.
Finally, Marco Rubio wonders if maybe we shouldn’t stop issuing student visas to kids from “Muslim nations” — because of a terrorist bombing committed by two people who didn’t need student visas. You know that Kipling thing about keeping your head when all around you are losing theirs? Yeah, he wouldn’t have applied that to Republicans. They’re always the first to fly off into a mad, irrational panic. You will never hear a Republican call upon the nation’s courage. All they do is appeal to cowardice and pander to bigots .
[cartoon via McClatchy Newspapers]
61 Notes/ Hide
- baharmohazabnia likes this
- lloydfromleith likes this
- the-grey-space reblogged this from oldenough2burmom
- theyoungwitch reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- giants111 likes this
- geodetea likes this
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- fortheloveofgop reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- anatomyoam reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- randycwhite reblogged this from oldenough2burmom
- randycwhite likes this
- artsy-fck likes this
- oldenough2burmom reblogged this from hairtrending
- oldenough2burmom likes this
- hairtrending reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- hairtrending likes this
- nathanieljams likes this
- thespokesman likes this
- flufflogic likes this
- poetryismyweapon likes this
- femme-b0t likes this
- everything-the-heart-desires likes this
- lizgrandmaison likes this
- teabonics-fb likes this
- drseux likes this
- mikeo56 likes this
- vantwinblade reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- butchrosser likes this
- istoleyourboots reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- hcshannon likes this
- iwillcrossthatbridgewhenicome2it likes this
- angryaboutcrimes reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- femmert15 reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- politiconerd reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- occupyv reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- fullhousewithouttheolsentwins reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias and added:
- singlecrossingcondition reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- furthest-city-light likes this
- fupajones likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias reblogged this from quickhits
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias likes this
- lyricalred likes this
- smdxn likes this
- tothisandyou likes this
- lordmiles reblogged this from bolatso
- soiledphotos likes this
- bolatso reblogged this from quickhits
- alice44 likes this
- drinkm0rewater reblogged this from womyninblack