Stories to Watch: 4/29/13.
Hindsight is 20/20; former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor thinks maybe that the Supreme Court shouldn’t have taken up Bush v. Gore. If the court — which O’Connor served on at the time — hadn’t have stepped in, we might never have had a Pres. Bush II. So yeah, maybe that wasn’t such a terribly good idea.
Joe Biden supports releasing a Senate report on Bush era torture.
Texas Senator Ted Cruz really is a complete dickweed. He seems to be busy making enemies of everybody. And so the GOP Civil War broadens yet again.
So far, the Republican plan to take hostages in the coming debt ceiling fight makes no sense at all. They seem to want tax reform without raising revenues, which means they’ll be demanding that Democrats give in on a plan that will lead to bigger deficits. I guess because that’s fiscal responsibility.
The world is on pace to reach an atmospheric CO2 level of 400 parts per million “in the next few days.” This is a drastically unsustainable number. “The 400ppm threshold is a sobering milestone, and should serve as a wake up call for all of us to support clean energy technology and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases, before it’s too late for our children and grandchildren,” said Tim Lueker, an oceanographer and carbon cycle researcher with Scripps CO2 Group.
Members of the American Academy of Pediatrics will head for the capitol tomorrow to urge lawmakers to do something to keep kids safe from gun violence.
Sen. James Inhofe promotes a popular wingnut conspiracy theory.
Ron Paul joins the rest of the lunatic right in trying to exploit the Boston bombings for political advantage.
Austerity is literally killing people. When your economic policy isn’t working and you still insist on “staying the course,” you’re just an idiot. When it has a death toll and you don’t want to change, you’re a monster. Economic policies should not have body counts.
Finally, Republicans aren’t going to get anywhere with minority voters by lying about their racist, segregationist past. It doesn’t matter how often they tell the lie. The oppressed remember their pasts much more vividly than the oppressor, who has incentive to forget. You can get white Republicans to believe it, because they haven’t been told over and over and over in family histories how things used to be and how it compares with how things still are. But you can’t fool black voters, because they know those stories too well.
[cartoon via Truthdig]
64 Notes/ Hide
- discountabortions likes this
- phenobarbid0ll reblogged this from electoralcollege
- qthewetsprocket likes this
- etheleato reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- etheleato likes this
- sharpmutt reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- sharpmutt likes this
- madtraveler reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- lauratheoutlandish likes this
- othelloblk69 reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- prezhillaryclinton reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- oinonio reblogged this from tr0tskitty
- soiledphotos likes this
- compeet likes this
- flufflogic likes this
- butchrosser likes this
- rebelatnight likes this
- w1scons1n likes this
- ghosthelwig likes this
- whitewalk3r likes this
- live-love-huzzah likes this
- cavaller likes this
- jessthemesslol likes this
- we-are-all-made-0f-stars likes this
- we-are-all-made-0f-stars reblogged this from silas216
- pop-rocks-blowjob reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- elizalot likes this
- mommapolitico reblogged this from secularhumanist2
- patternsandfractions likes this
- bellaslabyrinth likes this
- teabonics-fb likes this
- thatguyasia likes this
- electoralcollege reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- dentedfenders likes this
- drwhom reblogged this from fuzzybearfaerie
- drwhom likes this
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- compelledinfidel likes this
- dorkstranger likes this
- fuzzybearfaerie reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- fuzzybearfaerie likes this
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- uncommonly-content likes this
- hcshannon likes this
- nomursi reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- imaginarycomics likes this
- tr0tskitty reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- secularhumanist2 reblogged this from jilli1205
- morganfiguresitout reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- hcknloopr likes this