Stories to Watch: 6/26/13.
Yeah, another short one. I’ll get back on track here pretty soon… At least, I think so.
Immigration reform is actually losing Republican votes in the Senate. Meanwhile, some in the GOP seem to think it’s a good idea to play politics with the Voting Rights Act. In other words, the Republican Party embraces its “whites male’s party” reputation and continues to slowly commit demographic suicide.
The girl who was on the phone with Trayvon Martin moments before George Zimmerman killed him testifies — the result is not good for Zimmerman.
After the last one ended in a fiasco, Texas Gov. Rick Perry calls for a second special session to pass his party’s crazy-assed abortion law. Even if Republicans manage to ram it through this time, it’s just going to be found unconstitutional by the courts. So maybe Texans should ask how much these special sessions cost and why their tax money is being shoveled down a rathole on a partisan timewaster.
Speaking of doomed partisan timewasters: GOP Rep. Tim Huelskamp isn’t taking the DOMA decision lying down and wants to pass a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage once and for all. It doesn’t stand a chance in hell. On the same issue, Nancy Pelosi gives Michele Bachmann’s concerns all the time they deserve.
Finally, Republicans seem to have given up arguing against the science of climate change — which suggests that’s a fight they think they’ve lost. Instead, they’re arguing that dealing with it will cost too much money. Combine those two messages together and you have one hopelessly nonsensical argument — yes, catastrophic global warming is real, but avoiding that disaster will cost too much money. It’s like saying your house is being devoured by termites, but it would cost too much to exterminate them and save your investment in your home. No wonder these dopes crashed the economy.
[cartoon via McClatchy Newspapers]
194 Notes/ Hide
- giraffesonjupiter reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- waycoolhacky reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- yes-siree-dodd reblogged this from azspot
- yes-siree-dodd likes this
- jdisapunk reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- eliezervictorino likes this
- marcohasamagicaltongue reblogged this from azspot
- suzannedequaalude-handjob likes this
- friendwbenefit likes this
- silpol likes this
- unverifiableclaims reblogged this from azspot
- unverifiableclaims likes this
- fruta-fresca likes this
- thisismgk reblogged this from azspot
- lennysundahl likes this
- amandaxgrace likes this
- azspot reblogged this from gilmoure and added:
- flufflogic likes this
- cheerypopsicle reblogged this from likeavision-shedances
- cheesedeity likes this
- likeavision-shedances reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- erisandkallisti likes this
- fumblingtowards-ecstasy reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- fumblingtowards-ecstasy likes this
- theramen reblogged this from rubitrightintomyeyes
- thecollegiatethot likes this
- geronimoletsgo likes this
- misguided-blessings reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- drawnsheep likes this
- coffeeandadanish likes this
- true-antagonist likes this
- iamtinythunder likes this
- riseofcthulhu reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- randycwhite likes this
- dance-beneath-the-diamond-sky reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- reginaabyssi reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- sailthisuniverse likes this
- gotohela reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- gotohela likes this
- kaieffingleng likes this
- withoutthevest likes this
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea likes this
- frontlawnfailure likes this
- arkhamisland likes this
- goatluv3r reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- postmodernbutttouch likes this
- frank-sinatras-hat reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- frank-sinatras-hat likes this
- essentialwandering likes this