Stories to Watch: 9/17/13.
Harry Reid says the votes still aren’t there for expanded background checks — which is an excellent reason to keep trying. Keep making Republicans cast pro-crime votes against extremely popular gun regulations and see how well that works out for them. They own every mass shooting now. Make them eat it.
Security at the Navy Yard was just unbelievably weak. I can’t imagine that there won’t be some sort of Senate hearing where someone’s head will deservedly roll. Still, how in the hell did Aaron Alexis ever get a gun? The guy was just a collection of red flags.
Hilarious. House GOP puts out an ad celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month that neglects to mention immigration reform — or immigration at all.
Also in the House; it’s beginning to look like Democrats might be able to gain the upper hand in the upcoming budget battle. Meanwhile, Pres. Obama calls out the GOP on their economic terrorism.
The social safety net works.
A rare win for workers.
Finally, it should come as no surprise that the United States is not headed for a debt crisis and that deficit hysteria is completely misplaced.
[cartoon via Truthdig]
18 Notes/ Hide
- jessicaam likes this
- belcanta reblogged this from purrstephanie
- dayna-quartz likes this
- purrstephanie reblogged this from recall-all-republicans
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- fortheloveofgop reblogged this from quickhits
- flufflogic likes this
- boneslikemine reblogged this from hcknloopr
- hcknloopr reblogged this from quickhits and added:
- ashleyelll likes this
- superwholock-inthebox reblogged this from recall-all-republicans
- hcknloopr likes this
- fatchickinla likes this
- scarletscorpio reblogged this from recall-all-republicans
- alice44 likes this
- recall-all-republicans reblogged this from quickhits
- recall-all-republicans likes this
- quickhits posted this