Stories to Watch: 10/30/13.
Immigration reform’s condition is upgraded to critical from dead.
Meet Thomas Poetter, the Democrat running agaist John Boehner. And maybe help him out a little bit.
The skinny on HHS Sec. Kathleen Sebelius’ congressional testimony regarding Healthcare.gov today. And after demanding that a briefing with Sebelius take place, House Republicans were mostly no-shows. Never has their lack of seriousness been more transparent.
Republicans unveil a fun new anti-Obamacare lie.
Here’s some good news: Senate Democrats say there will be no “grand bargain,” because they hold all the cards and someone has apparently found them a spine someplace. They’ve been getting a lot of use out of it lately.
A translator at a hearing on drone strikes was moved nearly to tears by the story of a strike on a Pakistani teacher’s family.
Here in Wisconsin, Governor Scott Walker is not having a good day. Not only is polling out showing him having real vulnerabilities heading into reelection, but the Federal Department of Justice is suing to open the records of a probe into one of his former aides, who is currently facing felony charges for campaign shenanigans. And a state agency reports that Wisconsin has fallen way, way short of predicted job growth — a target the Walker administration has not hit once since Scooter slithered into office. That’s right, this is the everyth time Walker has failed on this metric. Ever have one of those days where you’re sure you should’ve never gotten out of bed?
Finally, a Republican pollster warns his party to "stop pandering" to racists. Never gonna happen — because it’s not “pandering” when you believe it. People who are pandering pretend to share people’s concerns. Republicans aren’t pretending.
[cartoon via USA Today]
46 Notes/ Hide
- butchrosser likes this
- luchaigcaileag likes this
- luchaigcaileag reblogged this from jas720
- tourguidetotheapocalypse reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- justtrytobreathe likes this
- starsoverhead reblogged this from jas720
- iammyfather reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- jas720 reblogged this from fuzzyblueveggies
- jas720 likes this
- utilizethesoundofdrums reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- whoopyouknowwhat likes this
- fuzzyblueveggies reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- thepandabaker reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- thepandabaker likes this
- chipmunksback reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- underthestarssofaraway reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- underthestarssofaraway likes this
- schmurple likes this
- killerclownsfromouterspace reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- fortheloveofgop reblogged this from quickhits
- queermerooooar reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- queermerooooar likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias reblogged this from quickhits
- arawra likes this
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- ireallydontquiteknow likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias likes this
- tk-n-la likes this
- soiledphotos likes this
- lavendervanillaowl reblogged this from mirtasan
- lavendervanillaowl likes this
- mirtasan reblogged this from quickhits
- mirtasan likes this
- doctom666 likes this
- baroque-oco likes this
- zeidman likes this
- penguinsledding likes this
- readinglist32 likes this
- cinnabana likes this
- asamudra reblogged this from quickhits
- terrorismwatch reblogged this from quickhits
- quickhits posted this